THE BUILDING LOCAL CAPACITY FOR DEVELOPMENT (BLCD) PROJECT
January 2014 – July 2015
TI Az joined the Building Local Capacity for Development (BLCD) project, financed by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Chemonics International Inc., with the aim to enhance its institutional capacity in the short term and contribute to increasing the quality and influence of the organization and further develop its partners’ capacity to be capable partners in Azerbaijan‘s democratic transition over the long-term.
Participants and/or beneficiaries
- Project participant and direct beneficiary is TA and its staff.
- Post-project indirect beneficiaries will be TA partners under APT project and other NGOs – members of the NGO Platform.
The objective of the grant
The objective of the grant is to strengthen and increase TA’s organizational and technical capacity to become providers or in-demand services (trainings, consultations and advocacy campaigns), to increase capacity to manage direct awards from international donors, and become more effective contributor to the dialogue on national and local policy issues.
In order to stay afloat in the highly competitive global NGO community and to increase productivity and efficiency of the donor funds, TA strives to strengthen its organizational capacity. In its turn, after this project expiry, TA will share its newly acquired skills with the APT project partners and other NGOs through a training program.
The project activities
- Increase organizational capacity of TIA
- Improve adherence to NGO Good Governance Principles
- Improve organizational capacity to implement the operational policies and procedures
- Improve quality of administrative systems and staff knowledge of these systems
- Improve TIA ability to maintain a satisfied and skilled workforce, manage operations & staff time
- Improve prospect for sustainability through effectiveness of financial management and diversified funding base
- Improve quality of organization’s strategy and work plan
- Increase number of organizations that support, coordinate & partner with TIA
- Increase # of areas TIA having progressed in program management capacity
- Staff are compliant with and adhered to reporting templates, sub-grant management guideline and donor compliance procedures and quality services manual
- Increase users’ satisfaction with TIA services validated by survey
- Improve TIA capacity to monitor, analyze, and document the projects progress by using standards, and setting indicators, key outputs & outcomes
In the result of this activities TA expects to have a fully developed viable institution structure, available in Azerbaijan and English languages and well known to all staff members.